Acquirers and issuers in first regions have to be ready for 3D Secure 2 as of 1st of April 2019. On this date the ramp-up phase for the merchant onboarding starts.
1st of April 2019, start of the ramp-up phase.
Due to the tight timeline for technical implementation, we expect delays on the side of some acquirers and issuers as well as a rising learning curve and an adaption phase.
We will support you with the migration from 3D Secure 1 to 3D Secure 2, whilst trying to keep your required technical resources efforts to a minimum.
Advantages of 3D Secure 2 according to the Credit Card schemes:
- Support of frictionless flow
- No card enrollment during the payment process
- Harmonized look and feel
- Risk based analysis
- Strong customer authentication
- Strong support of biometry
- Strong support of mobile devices
- Supports non-payment customer authentication as for Wallets or Card on File
Updated 9 months ago