Our payment process differs from the mass: In contrast to most payment service providers, at Datatrans we offer you the option to link multiple acquirers. By remaining acquirer-agnostic, you can choose which acquirer configuration you wish to use for specific markets. Additionally, we are never involved in the payout flow. The graphic below shows you a typical flow of a transaction through Datatrans.
With our payment gateway, you will always have the option to switch from one acquirer to another. Or even link multiple acquirers. One single integration is required for all your payment methods and processes.
Customer-initiated payments are payments that are initiated by your customers. This is the classic checkout experience you see when purchasing goods online. To proceed with customer-initiated transactions, you will need to follow a few steps.
- You send the required parameters to initialize a
- You let the customer proceed with the payment by redirecting them to the correct link - or showing them your payment form. They proceed with entering their payment information and finally hit the confirm button.
- We check the payment information with your acquirers. The acquirers check the payment information with the issuing parties. For card payments, the customer proceeds with 3D Secure whenever required.
- After the payment, we return all relevant information to you, including the status of the transaction and if available the payment information tokenized.
Merchant-initiated payments give you the option to debit the payment information from your customers after they initially processed a customer-initiated payment or registration. Some payment methods allow you to save the payment information, while others don't. Once you have the payment information on your server, you can proceed with the following flow.
- You send the required parameters to our
authorizeendpoint and we return a
transactionId, together with the result of the authorization.
Once you are done with authorizing a transaction you have several options as to what to do with a transaction. After the payment you can leave the transaction as it is or you proceed with a refund. Below is a list of the possible operations.
- Settle a transaction: To finalize your payments, you need to have your transactions settled. Without a settlement, the payments from your customers will not be paid out to you. Unsettled transactions usually expire within a month, so we encourage you to proceed with the settlement as fast as possible.
- Cancel / Refund a transaction: If you wish to cancel an unsettled transaction or refund a transaction, you can call our cancel endpoint.
- Ask for the status: Check what happened with the transaction at any time. Call our status endpoint to check all details of a specific payment.
- Reconcile your transactions: Match your online payment transactions with acquirers’ payouts and manage discrepancies as well as chargebacks.
Regardless of which integration you wish to use, you will often require to work with the following critical information.
This is your merchant account identifier which is assigned when creating an account at Datatrans. The merchantId is also your username for basicAuth.
Integer, 10 characters
This would be your password required for basic Auth.
Our unique identifier for each transaction. This is the value you require for post-transaction operations.
The currency code for the transaction.
String, 3 letters
based on the ISO-4217 character code.
The amount of the transaction in the currency’s smallest unit. For example use 1000 for CHF 10.00.
Your unique reference for a transaction. We recommend it to be unique for each transaction.
String, 20 characters
Updated about a month ago