The merchant has the possibility to choose from two different integrations of the responsive Payment Page. Both, the Redirect Mode and the Lightbox Mode can be styled individually.
- Safest way
- no <iframe> needed
- Leaving the merchants checkout page
- The Browsers URL bar shows datatrans.com
- Not leaving the merchants checkout page
- The Browsers URL bar shows the merchants site.
- "Glitches" on older smartphones
- Some payment methods like 3D credit card payments or PayPal need a redirect anyway.
In some cases a merchant might want to do a payment method preselection on its website. The Datatrans Redirect and Lightbox mode allow such customization by changing the
Chose Redirect or Lightbox Mode for Custom Integration
As calling a dedicated payment method often leads to a redirect to payment methods landing page anyway, the Redirect Mode is the most appropriate choice for Custom Integration.
Since lightbox usage on a smartphone could lead to UI glitches, we automatically do a fullscreen redirect if the lightbox is getting invoked from a smartphone. The return parameter mode=lightbox-to-redirect indicates if such a redirect happended during the transaction.
Overwrite the automatic redirect behaviour on smartphones
mode=your-mode to overwrite the above mentioned behaviour.
Updated 11 months ago