Our new iOS and Android SDK were both optimized over the course of the last few months. We released a new SDK for both platforms that contains a completely redesigned experience. This page shows you the most relevant questions related to our new SDK. If you are looking for our old Mobile SDK, please click here. We do recommend switching to our new SDKs for new solutions.
In short: We made the experience your end-customers and your developers will have a lot better. This includes:
- A fully redesigned UX: We aligned our SDK with the latest trends for the ultimate iOS and Android experience. Attention to detail, no unnecessary taps, and fluid animations make it a joy to use. Your customers will get to complete their payment journey a lot faster and with more intuitive processes.
- Lightweight components: Payment flows are now presented in a bottom-sheet that covers only a part of the screen. The unobtrusive, airy feel makes payments a breeze for improved checkout conversion.
- Saved method selection: When your users need to pick from a list of saved payment methods – there is now a UI for that.
- Android love: Gone are the days of the kludgy Android solution. In the new SDK, the same best-in-class experience is available natively on iOS and Android. This includes card scanning, which we now support on Android for the first time.
- Modern languages: Swift and Kotlin have finally become first-class citizens and not just an afterthought. Don’t worry, Java and Objective-C are still supported for those working with older codebases.
- Unified API: We have cut the fat and now provide a sleek, easy-to-use API that is the same on Android and iOS – except for some platform details.
- State-of-the-art distribution: You no longer have to download integration files from our website. Everything is distributed through the most popular package managers on each platform: We support CocoaPods and Swift Package Manager on iOS, Gradle on Android. API documentation is now also available online and always up-to-date.
- Future-proof: Whether it is new standards such as 3DS2 and SCA, the next generation of payment methods, or changes in the host OS, we make sure everything is correctly supported in the future.
Dramatically better for your customers, and much better for developers too – we think we have a winner on our hands. But don’t take our word for it. The best way of seeing how much better the payment experience is with the new SDK is by trying it out!
To start a transaction with the SDK, you will require a so-called
mobileToken, that lets the library process a transaction. The
mobileToken will have to be retrieved by your backend by calling our JSON API and passed to your application. This may or may not require some additional work on your backend. More details can be found here. If you have never used the JSON API before, you may contact your account manager to guide you through the process.
Well, it depends. If you want to benefit from the latest and enhanced UX experience, then yes. We do not urge merchants to switch right away, but the new SDK will remain in the future, while further development of the old SDK will be discontinued.
Yes. We will continue to support the old SDK until the end of 2022. Starting 2023, no more bug fixes nor updates will be released for the old SDK. This does not mean that it will stop working, but you may have users that over time could run into minor issues.
No, not immediately. But you should get in touch with your account manager if you need more information related to your existing setup.
Any payment method that was previously supported, will continue to be supported. This includes payments with debit and credit cards and alternative payment methods.
The iOS SDK supports any version starting iOS 11. The Android SDK supports any version starting Android 5.0 (Android Lollipop).
We currently do not offer official support for React Native, Flutter, or Xamarin. This doesn’t mean that it won’t work if you use a cross-platform framework. We may be able to help, but our SDK was developed for native iOS / Android projects.
Get in touch with us today and we'll make sure to advise you accordingly. Send us a message by using our contact form any time.
Updated 5 months ago